22 December, 2009

We're Engaged!!!!


















OMG! He asked me!!! To marry him that is. On a totally normal Tuesday evening, Nov 24 to be exact! I was finishing my day at S P A C E just working late after sending an estimate out and I got a phone call from Aeon.
He wanted to know when I'd be at the house? I thought this was a little out of the ordinary but didn't think too much about it... I let him know I'd be leaving shortly and I was on my way. Well after I got into the car, I accidentally and out of habit drove to our apartment... this delayed me about 15 minutes from arriving at the house. Aeon called again to see where I was. I was thinking Jesus! I'll get there when I get there.
I arrived at our house and he met me outside... he was wearing knee pads from installing the hardwood flooring in the guest bedroom. He had his sweatshirt and beenie on and looked adorably handsome. I was a little frustrated and really wasn't looking forward to working on the house yet another night after all I was in vacation mode and looking forward to heading to PA for Thanksgiving.

As I was walking in to the house, he grabbed my hand and said " I have a surprise for you, close your eyes." So I did+ I actually kept them closed. (That was a 1st)

He walked me through the kitchen, living room and outside near the pool. The whole time, I was thinking to myself that he was going to show me the ceiling fan he installed in the living room and wanted me to see if from outside. I was thinking this is a lot for a ceiling fan, and why are we outside it was freezing.

Then he said " Open your eyes" I opened my eyes and the pool was full of floating tea light candles... it was beautiful! I turned to my right to see Aeon on one knee and he asked " Jana, will you marry me"?

For the first time in my life, I was speechless. I couldn't speak.. nothing came out. After about 20 seconds I said YES! YES ! YESSSSSS!!!!!
We hugged, kissed and I cried. Tears of joy for sure!
It was perfect, and he totally surprised me.

The rings are very sentimental and beautiful. He had them made. Most of all the coolest part is the shape of the rings after the salad bowl he bought in Fiji years ago. The diamonds are re purposed diamonds from his Great grandmother on his mothers side and from his grandmother on his fathers side.

I AM SO EXCITED! WE ARE EXCITED! HAPPY & IN LOVE!
+ its all on VIDEO.

We'll let you know when we decide on a date.

2 comments:

  1. YYYYYYYYYYYEAHHHHHHHHHH JANA AND AEON!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! congrats!

    ReplyDelete

OUR LIFE TOGETHER

My photo
Las Vegas, NV, United States
About US... Aeon is a Leo, Jana is a Leo. Our birthdays are on consecutive days which makes it easy to remember! We are both creative and passionate and love being outdoors experiencing all of nature's wonder. We are very much in love and are so happy to have found each other. We have a beautiful story; it is a story of friendship and love, adventure and growth, fun and self expression. We've been friends for a long time and now we're starting a life together as a couple.