23 January, 2009

a HUNDRED bucks per minute!

What would you do for a hundred bucks/minute for work?  

I'll tell you what I did:  I got hired by MTV to play the part of a Paparazzi-style photographer for a new 'gotcha'-type reality TV show pilot called MTV: Spoofed.  

So I show up at noon at the designated meeting place (a park in central west Vegas) with all of my camera gear ready to rock n roll. The call sheet said '12:00 show, 2:45 paparazzi go'.  I'm thinking I'll be done by 3:00 with a hundred bucks in my pocket and all the happier.

11 hours later and two payscale increases later we paparazzi spring into action and work (shooting low res, low size .jpg images with the flash popping to give a realistic paparazzi effect) into the rear sliding-glass door and startle the poor sucker who was gettin' Punk'd.

I worked for exactly 2.5 minutes.  Rounding that up to 3 minutes means I got paid a hundred bucks/minute!  Never mind the 11 hour wait.  JESUS!!!  Is TV always like this???  I was assured it was not.  However, this being my first TV experience, it did leave me somewhat skeptical.

I did get to network and talk shop with a couple of other local photographers (for hours) and got some very valuable information about the photography opportunities here in Vegas.  I also ate very well all day.  That is one good thing about working in television, I suppose - they make sure you're fed.  

~ Aeon

No comments:

Post a Comment

OUR LIFE TOGETHER

My photo
Las Vegas, NV, United States
About US... Aeon is a Leo, Jana is a Leo. Our birthdays are on consecutive days which makes it easy to remember! We are both creative and passionate and love being outdoors experiencing all of nature's wonder. We are very much in love and are so happy to have found each other. We have a beautiful story; it is a story of friendship and love, adventure and growth, fun and self expression. We've been friends for a long time and now we're starting a life together as a couple.